History

The property was once called "Old English Ayrshire" and served as a dairy farm. The farm was sold to the Wright family, who built the Wright Bros. Sports Center at 231 Union Street on a portion of their land. The family eventually sold the property to Family Golf, which went bankrupt in 1999. Klass Realty acquired the 79-acre parcel from Family Golf and recently sold it to the Mullins Company of Braintree.

Below are several photographs of the English Dairy Farm circa 1925. Click on any image to see in more detail.

English Dairy Farm in 1925 English Farm dairy cows
Entrance to English Farm Shady Pastures at English Farm